When looking into recipes one of the first things I search is “quick easy recipes.” I’m personally not a fan of working on a recipe all day just to eat it in about 30 minutes. When I came across a cajun chicken pasta recipe a few years ago, the first thing I noticed was how long the steps would take, so I experimented with multiple recipes making one that is delicious, quick and easy. Cajun Chicken Pasta is one of my favorite pasta recipes to make. So please, enjoy and make it your own!
· Linguine pasta (4 ounces)
· 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· 2 tablespoons of butter
· 1 green bell pepper
· 1 red bell pepper
· 1 onion
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
· ¼ teaspoon basil
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Start by boiling the water and adding the linguine pasta to it. (cook about 9 or 10 minutes) Drain.
2. While the water is starting to boil, begin to chop up the peppers and onions into medium long pieces. Also slice up the chicken into bite size pieces. Make sure not to make them too big because it is annoying to have to deal with when you’re eating it.
3. Put the sliced chicken breasts in a bowl with the cajun seasoning and mix until the chicken is coated completely. You may have to add more seasoning depending on your preference.
4. Put the butter into a large skillet over low to medium heat and let it melt and then add the chicken. Mix the chicken around in the butter a little to get someone every side of the pieces. Make sure that you only put then chicken in the skillet after the butter has melted, and try your best not to burn it. You’ll want to cook this until it is almost cooked all the way through. You can do this by cutting a piece slightly to see what it looks like in the middle. (About 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how large your slices of the chicken are).
5. Add the chopped peppers and onions to the skillet once chicken is almost done. Continue to cook this on low to medium heat until the peppers and onions are soft and the chicken is done.
6. Add the cream and the rest of the spices into the skillet and turn the heat down to low. Continue to cook until the cream is heated through.
7. Add to the cooked and drained linguine pasta
Tip – change the amount of anything in the recipe to work with what you like or your diet. I personally love onions so 1 full onion is a lot to add for some people, but perfect for my family and I.